Categories

Archives

Pages

Powered by Blogger.

[Image: 157521030401aa240sclzzztv2.jpg]
  • Paperback: 527 pages
  • Publisher: Sams; Bk&CD Rom edition (January 1996)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 1575210304
  • ISBN-13: 978-1575210308
Description: I have two beginning Java books, Joyce Farrel's "Java Programming: 2nd Edition" and "Teach Yourself Java in 21 Days" of the two, this book is the easier to understand. However, it doesn't push the reader to experiment with code and push themselves like the first title I mentioned does.I have experience in other OOP languages and that may be what made this book easy for me to understand. If I try to look at this book as a beginner that has never had any programming experience I think this book would be tricky to understand. I would suggest that anybody that wants to learn any kind of programming get a good book on programming logic and learn how to write pseudo-code and flowchart before they totally imerse themselves in OOP (or procedural programming).
This book does cover almost every aspect of Java. The one that I found it lacking in, and the one I need for work, are JDBC basics. Still, I think that before tackling JDBC a person should understand the basics and this book would do a good job of that.
I have had two people recommend "Thinking in Java" by Bruce Eckel as the best book for learning Java. I have not read it but it is free for download in PDF format. I think a book like that combined with this one would be the best for anyone that wants to be a Java programmer.


http://rapidshare.com/files/6151546/Teach_Yourself_Java_In_21_Days.pdf

0 comments

Post a Comment

free counters

Followers